One Step Update Crashing Windows

DCC1
DCC1 Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2022 in Investing (Windows)
One step update will not complete and crashes windows 11. I reinstalled the mondo patch and confirmed that I have the latest version (R44.27). I did have real time quotes on, but turned it off and tried again. No joy. When I run One Step Update, the financial institutions complete, but it hangs on the Services. Specifically, it doesn't complete "Updating Your data", or "Quotes and Investment Information". It does complete "InvestingQuicken.com".

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    DCC1 said:
    One step update will not complete and crashes windows 11. I reinstalled the mondo patch and confirmed that I have the latest version (R44.27). I did have real time quotes on, but turned it off and tried again. No joy. When I run One Step Update, the financial institutions complete, but it hangs on the Services. Specifically, it doesn't complete "Updating Your data", or "Quotes and Investment Information". It does complete "InvestingQuicken.com".
    Hello @DCC1

I am sorry about this problem with freezing or hanging when trying to update your accounts. Thank you for alerting us to this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. 

Also, are you currently making use of any Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), antivirus software, pop-up blockers, or firewall settings? If so, it may be necessary to remove these in order to troubleshoot this issue further, as these can sometimes cause symptoms like those you describe.

I look forward to hearing more from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • DCC1
    DCC1 Member ✭✭✭
    Jared - Rebooting Windows did not change anything. I did just get a Windows Cumulative Update KB 5019509 for Windows Ver 22H2 X64. I tried uninstalling that, rebooting and giving One Step another try. It too failed. I did not uninstall Quicken. I actually have Quicken running on two separate machines and they both are exhibiting the same issue with One Step, so I don't thing uninstalling Quicken is the answer. There has been no change in my antivirus or firewall settings.
  • Hello @DCC1,

Thank you for providing more information. 

I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• DCC1
    DCC1 Member ✭✭✭
    Validate and Super Validate made no change. OSU still ends up "Not Responding".
  • DCC1
    DCC1 Member ✭✭✭
    I am starting to think Quicken has a Cloud issue. Without doing anything else, I got into Quicken and did a reset of Quicken Cloud. It also hung with a "Not Responding". It seems to start Ok and I do believe, the reset portion worked, but reloading my cloud data failed.
  • DCC1
    DCC1 Member ✭✭✭
    I shut off "Sync" today and One Step works great again. Quicken Cloud seems to be this issue with me. That means my app won't work, but I'd rather have that then Quicken Crashing all the time.
  • Hello @DCC1

Thank you for reaching out to update us and provide more information. 

I am happy to hear that you were able to find a work around/resolution. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.