Updated Quicken, and now it won't display

Options
Dbass197
Dbass197 Member ✭✭
I launched Quicken Windows (Win10), and as usual, was asked if I wanted to update the software. I responded yes, and when it launched, there was nothing to see. I could see that it was running when I pressed Alt-Tab to switch between open apps, but it wouldn't display at all. There were no error messages, or anything else.

I have tried restarting my laptop twice, and the only other open application is Chrome with 2 - 3 tabs open.

What do I do?

Thanks,
Dan Bass

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is your laptop configured for dual monitors, but the 2nd monitor is not hooked up? Reconfigure Windows to use only 1 monitor or make the laptop monitor the primary monitor.
    Alternative: After Quicken has started, hover the mouse over the Quicken entry in the Taskbar. When the small Quicken window pops up, move the mouse pointer into the small window and right-click. This should give you a popup window with options like Move, Size, Maximize, etc. Try Maximize and see it that'll bring Quicken into full screen view.
  • Dbass197
    Dbass197 Member ✭✭
    Options
    UKR,

Thanks for the ideas. You were correct about my normally having 2 monitors, but I checked my display settings, and it was only showing display on one monitor.

For the Alternative, I tried that but I had different options, and none of them worked to bring Quicken to the foreground. The First set of options allow me to select something to start, such as Quicken, or Quicken with my file. The Second set of options again gives some opening options, and a little more. But neither set of options includes Move, Size, etc.

Other thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Dbass197 said:
    UKR,

Thanks for the ideas. You were correct about my normally having 2 monitors, but I checked my display settings, and it was only showing display on one monitor.

For the Alternative, I tried that but I had different options, and none of them worked to bring Quicken to the foreground. The First set of options allow me to select something to start, such as Quicken, or Quicken with my file. The Second set of options again gives some opening options, and a little more. But neither set of options includes Move, Size, etc.

Other thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan
    Hello @Dbass197,

I apologize about these difficulties with launching the program. Thank you for keeping in communications with us about this problem here on the Quicken Community. 

I see you have tried restarting your computer; you may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please reread my instructions. You must have clicked or right-clicked on the wrong icon or window.
    Hovering the mouse on the Quicken Taskbar icon brings up a small window. No clicking. Just move the mouse pointer into the window and right-click. This is what I get on my Windows 8.1:

• Dbass197
    Dbass197 Member ✭✭
    Options
    UKR - thanks for the further thoughts. I had other things that kept me from following up on this until today. And guess what - I started Quicken this morning without doing anything different at all, and now it works. It did a refresh of the software again, and that seems to have solved the issue. So I'm going with the idea that this was a Quicken issue, not my computer.
This discussion has been closed.