Why this startup error every time? "Failed to start image manager" AVG / Avast

Options
2»

Comments

• bsaintg
    bsaintg Member ✭✭
    Options
    I don't want to minimize the hassle. Maybe I'm not using the full capabilities of Q. Maybe it is a problem with pie charts, etc, and other features I don't use, but I find I can just click past the popup and use Q. just fine (well, maybe it's somewhat slower). And, again, I patiently await a solution. Lord, how many years did we all complain about the issue with alt-tab away and alt-tab back to get to the same cursor focus, on windows? And eventually that was fixed, hallelujiah. [disclaimer: no investment in Q.'s success or failure except that I would hate to have to learn another bookkeeping system]
  • gedan359
    gedan359 Member
    Options
    Quicken, you need to fix this. There's NO way I'm turning off my anti-virus long enough to just start this program. Quicken was working just fine before that VC company (or whatever) bought the software a couple of years back. And now, whenever a new update is pushed out every three to four weeks, this garbage comes up.
  • BarryAZ
    BarryAZ Member ✭✭
    Options
    New topic -- (can not see how to start a new topic)

This weekend I changed the email I use. I updated this for Quicken.

Unfortunately, while Quicken.com recognizes my updated email, Quicken -- my program, is still mired in the OLD email address.

No problem I thought, I'll change the email in my program to match the update.

Unfortunately the PROGRAM won't let me revise the email there.

This should be a new topic of course, but, any port in a storm I guess
  • Quicknator
    Quicknator Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Same problem here after last Quicken update. Had to shut down Quicken on prior episode today due to endless loop of online update function and extremely slow response from entire computer. After performing full virus and malware scan with AVAST and MalWareBytes, with no new threats found, AVAST error message attached recurred IMMEDIATELY on re-starting Quicken, then I received the following runtime error in Quicken. After closing Quicken error message, I was able to run Quicken, but whole computer, especially Quicken, is still very sluggish since last update running Quicken R44.27 Build 27.1.44.27 with AVAST version 22.9.6034 (build 22.9.7554.751) ; virus definitions 221024-6 ; UI version 1.0.733.

Exception:
    System.Exception: Failed to start image manager
    at EO.Internal.vpsi.wxpi.hiva()
    at EO.Internal.vpsi.wxpi.mccq()

NOTE: PLEASE GO TO "ABOUT" WINDOW IN AVAST TO CLICK "BUG REPORT" TO SEND TO AVAST SO THEY ARE ALSO AWARE OF THE PROBLEM. IF WE SIMPLY IGNORE VIRUS THREAT MESSAGES BY TURNING OFF THE "PROTECTION," THEN WHY BOTHER HAVING IT?
  • as2qkn
    as2qkn Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Just got an email from Avast about my submission to them about this false-positive issue. They have removed to offending item from their virus definitions and (for me) Quicken now loads OK. Update your virus definitions on Avast / AVG and try again. They said it might take 24-48 hours so your results might vary.
  • loooong time user
    loooong time user Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    this problem appears fixed with the lastest update of virus definitions on AVG (ver. 221025-0)
  • alnarv
    alnarv Member
    Options
    I too, had this problem but it seems to have gone away with today's AVAST definition update.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello everyone,

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by these issues with the error messages regarding runtime exceptions. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

I recommend submitting program log files by navigating to Help > Report a problem in the upper menu at the top of the screen. You may then include a brief description of the issue as well as any available screenshots you may have along with the data logs. Although we will investigate this issue further, we do not have an ETA on a resolution, and you will not receive a response through these submissions, as these are used purely for investigative purposes.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

This discussion has been closed.