Transaction error message for bank transfer

Options
hbravo
hbravo Member ✭✭
Good Afternoon. I am using Quicken for Mac, running most current update. Seven days ago initiated an intra-bank transfer from my savings to my checking. On my bank side the transfer occurred as it should; the money was deducted from my savings and deposited into checking the same day. Unfortunately, Quicken does not think the transfer was processed properly. Every time I update my accounts that transfer is flagged in the "Send Payments" box, with a caution symbol and a message stating, "There was a problem with the previous Bill Pay transaction." "Click CONTINUE and we will contact our bank and attempt to resolve the error. New bill pay transactions will be sent only after this error is resolved." I have new bills that need to be sent this week and it seems that Q is selling me they will not be processed? How do I "fix" this transaction in qQuicken? Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which bank are you using?
    BofA and a few others have recently made a migration (aka "reauthorization") from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect as the transaction download protocol. That makes it impossible to now Send transfers and bill pay instructions from Quicken. Did your bank recently migrate?
  • hbravo
    hbravo Member ✭✭
    Options
    This transaction was with Wells Fargo has changed their protocol. My other payment transactions with WF have all worked as expected. It is only this transaction, a transfer within WF bank that seems to have Quicken confused.
  • hbravo
    hbravo Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm sorry for the pre-coffee typo. I intended to say Wells Fargo has NOT changed their protocol.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please verify for us that your checking account at WF is still connected using "Direct Connect" as the download protocol. (Edit Account Details, Online Services tab will show you)
  • hbravo
    hbravo Member ✭✭
    Options
    It is still set for Direct Connect and "intra-bank transfers" are listed as available.
  • hbravo
    hbravo Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did notice that under the check # heading in my savings account, the account from where the money was transferred, it says "Waiting". I don't know if that helps.
  • hbravo
    hbravo Member ✭✭
    Options
    I guess there are no further suggestions for how to resolve this problem? What would be the recommended next step for Quicken support?

Thanks.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, I think contacting Quicken Support might be the right thing to do.
    Official Quicken® Support - Phone, Chat, or Community
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • hbravo
    hbravo Member ✭✭
    Options
    I will do that. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.