OL-221A Errors Downloading from American Fund - Retirement

Options
George V
George V Member ✭✭
I have Quicken for Windows 10 Version R44.27 and for the past three months I haven't been able to download my transactions from the American Funds Retirement Website. I kept thinking it was an anomaly, but I've tried to Deactivate and Reactivate the account and I still can't download.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    George V said:
    I have Quicken for Windows 10 Version R44.27 and for the past three months I haven't been able to download my transactions from the American Funds Retirement Website. I kept thinking it was an anomaly, but I've tried to Deactivate and Reactivate the account and I still can't download.
    Hello @George V,   

I am sorry that you are being affected by this online connectivity error. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, when did this issue begin? Also, what connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I look forward to your answers, and I hope to get back to you with more information. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • George V
    George V Member ✭✭
    Options
    It's been about 3 months. I can't show you how it was set up before hand, I've deactivated the Transaction Download function, assuming I could've easily reactivated it, but now when I tried to do that, Quicken wants to set up a new account, which I don't want to do here...
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    George V said:
    It's been about 3 months. I can't show you how it was set up before hand, I've deactivated the Transaction Download function, assuming I could've easily reactivated it, but now when I tried to do that, Quicken wants to set up a new account, which I don't want to do here...
    Hello @George V,  

I am sorry to hear about this problem remaining after so long. Thank you for speaking with me some more and providing as much information as possible about what's happening.

If the issue has been ongoing for more than one business day, I definitely recommend reaching out to Quicken Support, per the guidance offered in this Support Article. You can speak with Support by using the information provided here. Note that if the accounts are connected via the Direct Connect method, it will eventually become necessary to speak with American Fund support.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • tr25
    tr25 Member ✭✭
    Options
    There is another thread regarding this issue. The problem has been going on for two or three months now. There is a problem with the QFX file that downloads from American Funds. I have talked to them (American Funds) twice, and others have as well. They variously say that they are aware of the problem, or that they are not. The last time I talked to them (over two weeks ago), they said they were working on a solution, but it is still not working as of this morning. Very frustrating.
  • tr25
    tr25 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I called American Funds again this morning. They said they are aware of the issue and are working on it, but don't have a time that it will be fixed. It's the same thing they told me 2 weeks ago and also a month ago. Sounds like they need to clean house in the IT department.
This discussion has been closed.