2+ issues both around investments.. Schwab and Fidelity not downloading properly

Options
wassonsubs
wassonsubs Member ✭✭
edited November 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Beginning to think paying for Quicken is a waste of time as the only feature I use really besides logging stuff is downloading our 401k plans and it just seems like a lot of effort as nothing downloads correctly.. recent issues are duplication of the last 14 months Schwab transactions that are pending to be entered. While you can mass accept I need a mass delete? How can i do this (140+ transactions!) Then on Fidelity we have 2 accounts, transactions keep downloading to old account (which has few transaction) an not to separate account (with separate log in!) and sometimes they don't download until a one step update has been done several times.(same day!). Another issue is when the plans update the mutual fund (Schwab usually) the new ticker symbol is not recognized and doesn't move seamlessly .. so why am I paying to download when very little goes right and not easy to fix when things go wrong. Just so annoyed and paying for Quicken each year when it doesn't work is really BAD! I will add I have had quicken for 23 years and it is just getting worse!

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @wassonsubs,

Sorry to hear that you are having those issues with duplicate downloaded transactions in your Schwab account.  Unfortunately, you cannot delete those pending duplicates until you accept them into the register.  However, once they are in the register you should be able to delete them in bulk.  Please review the guidance located at this LINK for detailed steps. 

On the Fidelity issue, It sounds like the "old" account is still connected and the "separate" account is not connected.  So, I suggest that you setup the "separate" account for downloading and you disconnect the "old" account.  Once that is completed you can use the "Move transactions" function to move those transactions into the new "separate" account.  Let us know if you have any followups.

And I do understand your frustration.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• wassonsubs
    wassonsubs Member ✭✭
    Options
    The "old" Fidelity account is still a good account, it is just older.. both are connected( it says so and says the time of last connection!) and are in different names and have separate Fidelity log ins but are connected to same 401k plan. If I disconnect the older, then it will not update? We have 2 other Fidelity 401k plans that we have no issues with (different employer plans). Ironically we have 2 Schwab accounts for 401k plans for same employer 401k plan, but the only issue there seems to be these duplicates except for when the mutual fund changes to another name and then Quicken juts fails miserably at identifying what to do. If it is downloading from Schwab why can't it just pick up the right info? I feel like I spend way too much time trying to decipher all these issues that I could just enter things manually quicker like what we used to do when we first got Quicken (back in 1999!). I'm losing my confidence in it!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @wassonsubs

Okay, I guess I misunderstood the issue when you referred to the "old" Fidelity account.  So, you should not disconnect that one.

Sorry that you are having these issues.  You might consider talking directly to Quicken Support for some direct assistance; here's the LINK if you should decide to try that.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• wassonsubs
    wassonsubs Member ✭✭
    Options
    another comment too, you linked an article mentioning download ID.. this is not an option for investments sadly..
This discussion has been closed.