I can't update my Bank of America checking account transaction

Options
Horst Simon
Horst Simon Member
When I click update the downloading transaction seem to begin, but then hangs forever, not transactions are updated, but the online balance is. So this can't be a connection or authorization problem. I also disconnected my BofA account and then reinstalled. The only unusual thing is that I did not update for about two weeks, and there are many transactions (I would guess about 60) that are still not downloaded to Quicken. What should I do? I don't want to call BofA, I don't want to be on the phone for two hours, until someone listens.

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Horst Simon - if you go back to a backup file from the last time the transactions downloaded and then do a validate and repair and THEN download the transactions again, does that fix the problem?  
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @Mark1104 This question was asked in a Quicken Mac category, and Quicken Mac does not have validate and repair functions (because the database doesn't run into the types of corruptions that validate and reap deal with in the Quicken windows version).

@Horst Simon With connectivity issues like this, I suggest calling Quicken Support. They can connect to your Mac and screen share to see what you're seeing, and can look at the log files Quicken generates to try to pin down what the issue is. (There seem to be myriad issues which affect connectivity and downloads, so I try not to diagnose or make suggestions without being able to see what's going wrong.) 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Horst Simon
    Options
    All ok now, thank you.
This discussion has been closed.