Tangerine (Bank Canada) does not download transactions

Gilles9
Gilles9 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
Since last weekend, after they updated their site, Tangerine has stop downloading transactions into Quicken for Mac 6.10.x

I have disconnect and reconnected the accounts ( Quickne connect ) and it does not solve the problem

Any suggestions

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Gilles9 said:
    Since last weekend, after they updated their site, Tangerine has stop downloading transactions into Quicken for Mac 6.10.x

I have disconnect and reconnected the accounts ( Quickne connect ) and it does not solve the problem

Any suggestions
    Hello @Gilles9,      

I am sorry to hear about this problem with missing transactions. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, take a look at the Support Article linked here, specifically the section entitled If this is the first time this has happened. Do any of those situations seem to apply, and do any of the corresponding steps seem to resolve the issue? If not, take a look at the section entitled If this issue occurs frequently.

Let us know if any of these steps seem to resolve the issue. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jarecd 
  • Gilles9
    edited October 2022
    @Quicken Jared

You refer me to a Quicken for Windows
    I stated it was QUicken for Mac
    could you refer me to a Quicken for Mac page

Thank you
  • Quicken Jared
    Gilles9 said:
    You refer me to a Quicken for Windows
    I stated it was QUicken for Mac
    could you refer me to a Quicken for Mac page

Thank you
    Hello @Gilles9,    

I do apologize for the confusion. Thank you for discussing this with me.

I was under the impression that there are no error codes appearing when you attempt to download transactions and update your accounts, is that correct?

In the event that this is case, I want to make sure that there are no active filters obscuring transactions, and sort order changing the position of certain transactions. Provided that those have been ruled out, I recommend saving a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch, click Next
    4. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location, click Next
    5. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web, click Next 

You may then add your Tangerine-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 

I look forward to hearing about your results. 

• Gilles9
    @Quicken Jared

OK created anew file
    Created the accounts ofr Tangerine
    end results: it is showing the right balance, but it is not showing the right transactions ( the real ones for the Bank website)

• Quicken Jared
    Gilles9 said:
    @Quicken Jared

OK created anew file
    Created the accounts ofr Tangerine
    end results: it is showing the right balance, but it is not showing the right transactions ( the real ones for the Bank website)

Hello @Gilles9,         

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly with your results from that test file. It sounds as though some progress is being made, although information is still missing from account updates.

Based on what you're saying, it sounds like the transactions are now downloading, but they are either missing information in some of the columns after they are downloaded, or the information is appearing incorrectly. Is that what you mean when you mention 'not showing the right transactions?' What, specifically, seems to be wrong after these new transactions are downloading?  One other thing: is your current active data file located on your computer? You can check this by navigating to File > Show "(Data File name will be displayed here)" in Finder... 

I am eager to see your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Gilles9
    Since the new file creates a "Live opening balance", which does not related to my data ( Balance amount) for that date ( Date of the Live opening balance)
    the rest of the transactions make it that todays actual balance is the right one

many transactions are accurate, but the problem seems to be the "live opening balance" that I image is created to match the ending balance ( today's )

Some other transactions that are real ( meaning the are on the Tangerine Bank website ) just did not download in my regaular file AND in the test file I just created

It seems that Tangerine or Quicken is NOT downloading some transactions from the bank web site, avoisng them in both files ( Regular and test file )

Is this a Quicken issue or a Tangerine issue

Never had this problem before

I will see to tomorrow if Quicken downloads all new transactions that will be on the Bank web site

If not I'll post here again, if resolved I'll post also

• Gilles9
    Yes my Quicken Data file is on my Computer, not on a cloud service or a remote location
    right on my computer SSD
  • Gilles9
    edited October 2022
    @Quicken Jared

Cannot find a solution, both my datafile and the test datafile did not download some new transactions this morning
    However it did recognized a manually entered transaction as I did get the blue dot

Why some and not others transaction is a mystery ?

there has to be something wrong with the server that gets the transactions, or it is between that server and Quicken for Mac 6.10.2 or between Tangerine and the server that gets the transactions

this is happening since Tangerine was offline last Saturday for software/website update

I di dreset the connection again ...no success in fixing the problem

Looking for suggestions, or more interesting would be a fix

Thanks
  • Quicken Jared
    Gilles9 said:
    @Quicken Jared

Cannot find a solution, both my datafile and the test datafile did not download some new transactions this morning
    However it did recognized a manually entered transaction as I did get the blue dot

Why some and not others transaction is a mystery ?

there has to be something wrong with the server that gets the transactions, or it is between that server and Quicken for Mac 6.10.2 or between Tangerine and the server that gets the transactions

this is happening since Tangerine was offline last Saturday for software/website update

I di dreset the connection again ...no success in fixing the problem

Looking for suggestions, or more interesting would be a fix

Thanks
    Hello @Gilles9,   

I am so sorry that this issue seems to be ongoing. Thank you for keeping in communications with me about this. 

If this problem is occurring across data files, and the Connection Type in use is 'Quicken Connect,' the next step would be to reach out to Quicken Support by making use of the link provided here. They will need to document and diagnose this issue in greater detail with the tools and resources available to them.

I hope this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Gilles9
    @Quicken Jared

Chat with support gave no resolution to this problem
    FYI
This discussion has been closed.