Duplicated records from Regions Bank.

Options
Diana518
Diana518 Member ✭✭
I missed several months' records during recent move, and last week, I initiated downloads from my account at Regions Bank to bring everything up to date. Records from the oldest month were duplicated! Records from more recent months are much better. How could Regions send me any duplicate records? Why not all? Has this happened to anybody else?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Diana518 said:
    I missed several months' records during recent move, and last week, I initiated downloads from my account at Regions Bank to bring everything up to date. Records from the oldest month were duplicated! Records from more recent months are much better. How could Regions send me any duplicate records? Why not all? Has this happened to anybody else?
    Hello @Diana518,    

I am sorry to hear about this problem with online banking services and duplicate transactions. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Are you seeing this happening more than once after an update or download of transactions? You can remove the duplicates by making use of the steps listed in this Support Article, but save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

Also, if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your Regions-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same error occurring in the test data file once this is attempted.

Let us know about your results, if you have the opportunity to check back in with us. 

Thank you, 

Quicken Jared 
  • Diana518
    Diana518 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi, Jared,
    No, this is the first time a download created duplicates. I have created a new folder on my computer on advice from Quicken tech support.
    I am deleting as I go, re-reconciling everything from the past year. My hesitation is: will the duplicating-on-download repeat itself? How do I know that REGIONS BANK has fixed itself?
    Thanks, Diana518
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Diana518 said:
    Hi, Jared,
    No, this is the first time a download created duplicates. I have created a new folder on my computer on advice from Quicken tech support.
    I am deleting as I go, re-reconciling everything from the past year. My hesitation is: will the duplicating-on-download repeat itself? How do I know that REGIONS BANK has fixed itself?
    Thanks, Diana518
    Hello @Diana518,   

I am sorry that this issue remains somewhat unclear, although I am happy that some steps toward a resolution are emerging. Thank you for getting back to me about this. 

I understand the concern about this recurring. One primary means of dealing with this is to save backups often; we try to reiterate that this is important frequently as a measure against a number of different issues. The only thing that occurs to me as a potential source of duplicate transactions would involve the process of deactivating and reactivating accounts. Be sure to save backups before doing this, and only consider it as a last resort. Nonetheless, I don't believe there is any reason for you to deactivate and reactivate these accounts, presently. 

I hope that is helpful, and definitely reach out to us, again, if you notice any other problems. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.