Ongoing Chase Issues - and Quicken says there nothing that can be done

Options
evanferg60
evanferg60 Member ✭✭
I've spent multiple sessions an tedious hours with customer support but they have finally given up on me. After 15 years of using Quicken without issue I have lost the ability to download from Chase after the recent upgrade. The final answer from support was they are unable to do anything further and I need to start a new Quicken file (what about my 15 years of data guys.....).
They have determined the problem to be two transactions from 5 years ago (about $5 worth) that they can't clear properly from the Online Center and reconcile and say the issue is the data is corrupt. A good programmer would be able to code their way around this issue as a bug fix but I am left high and dry. I now have to go onto Chase.com daily and download the QFX files which update absolutely perfectly - it's just very time consuming and frustrating. Everything else in Quicken works like normal for me.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you considered this?
    • Create a new checking account register in Quicken, as of 10/31
    • Move all November and future transactions to the new register.
    • Transfer the balance from old to new register
    • Change all reminders to use the new register
    • Do not set up or link online bills with the new account register. Unlink all existing online bills. You can't use Online Bill Pay thru Quicken any longer.
    • Reconcile the old register. Mark it closed.
    • Activate the new register for downloading with One Step Update.
    That problem you are complaining about should stay behind in the old register and not affect your new one. Theoretically...
This discussion has been closed.