printing bank reconciliation (Q Mac)

klr4259
klr4259 Member ✭✭
I cannot believe you still don't have the option of printing a reconciliation bank report. It's been years since I bought my Mac and I regret it solely because of Quicken for Mac. Quicken for Windows has so many more features. You keep making "improvements", but I don't need any of them. I just want a printable bank reconciliation.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @klr4259 I understand your frustration, but I wanted to make you aware you're not really talking to Quicken software developers or executives here; it's just fellow users plus a handful of Quicken moderators trying to help Quicken users.

There is an Idea thread on this forum requesting the addition of a printed reconciliation report. If you haven't done so previously, take a few seconds to visit that thread and add your vote in favor of this feature (click the little black arrow under the vote counter in the yellow box). That won't provide immediate help, but the more votes ideas like this get, the more likely the enhancement is to rise up the developers' priority list.

In terms of working around this non-existent feature for the time being, can I ask what it is you find you need a printed report for? (I've been doing my reconciliations within Quicken for so long, if they added a printed report, I'm not sure I'd use it.) Is it to help you complete your reconciliation? To serve as a permanent record of your reconciliation? If you explain what a printed report would help you with, we might be able to suggest imperfect-but-workable ways to get what you need.

As you may be aware, you can open previous reconciliations by going to Accounts > Reconciliation History. This will show prior reconciliations for this account, and you can click on any one and select Re-Reconcile to open that month's reconciliation. (You don't need to change anything in the reconciliation; you can just view it.) While you can't print this screen, often just viewing a prior month is all you may need. If you really need to print it, the closest you can come is to drag this window to the full height of your Mac's screen, take a screen shot, scroll down a page if there are more transactions, take a second screen shot, and repeat if there are more screens of transactions.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.