How to reassign lots

Options
hurwi
hurwi Mac Beta Beta
edited November 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I've found my Realized Gain in Quicken is much different than my actual realized gain in my investment accounts. That's because the lots that quicken recognizes as being sold are not the same as the lots that were actually sold. I'm trying to update those lots in Quicken to reflect actual realized gain, however, not all lots show up in my 2022 transactions because some were marked as sold in prior years in Quicken. When I go to those prior years to try and change the lots, I cannot change them since those lots are marked as sold in later years.

Is there a way to reset the lots assigned in Quicken so I can assign lots the way I want to?
Tagged:

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can think of a tedious way, but I can't think of a quick and easy way.
    Delete all the Sold transactions and re-enter them with the correct lots using your brokerage statements. Backup your data file first.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• hurwi
    hurwi Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Thanks. They're all downloaded from the brokerage over multiple years and there are many, so that would indeed be tedious.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a general comment, unless you specifically instruct the brokerage/fund-company otherwise AT THE TIME OF THE SALE, they will almost certainly use FIFO to assign lots.
    If you select, in Q, lots other than FIFO for the sale, your gain/loss figures will differ from the brokerage/company.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.