Financial institution connection will not Update

Options
richardcd
richardcd Member ✭✭
When I use One Step Update I get a message that one of my financial institutions need an update (Bank of America Checking). I've done this at least 10 times. It seems to work, but the message is there again when I use OSU. All other connections have updated. Also the data in the checking account register doesn't update (cleared items are not marked "cleared." What's wrong?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @richardcd,

You may not have seen the recent notices when you start-up your Quicken application (possibly you haven't logged-in in a number of weeks) but BOA changed the way they connect with Quicken in the last month.  There is a new connection - known as Express Web Connect+, that you are now required to use.  You'll effectively need to take certain steps in your account - through the BOA website - to agree to the new downloading/connection method and then set it up in your Quicken datafile.  Here's a LINK to more information about this change.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• richardcd
    richardcd Member ✭✭
    Options
    You misunderstand. I have updated all of my financial institutions. They all were successful but the one for Bank of America (BOA) Checking. All work except this one connection. There are several other BOA accounts that use the same name and password. Everytine I use One Step Update, I get the massage to update the information for BOA. Help please.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @richardcd

I am not talking about "updating" your financial institutions.  Do me a favor, follow these steps and tell me what you see:

1) open up your BOA account:
    2) click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right;
    3) select "Edit account details";
    4) click on the "Online services" tab"
    5) tell me what you see in the top box - "Online Setup" section, right after the part that says:
           "Financial Institution: Bank of America - Quicken"
           "Connection Method: HERE

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

•  Carole
    Carole Member
    Options
    I cannot download financial transactions from institutions. the UPDATE is not available.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
     Carole said:
    I cannot download financial transactions from institutions. the UPDATE is not available.
    Hello @Carole,   

I am sorry about these problems with online banking services. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

Are you unable to update accounts associated with any financial institution - including others besides Bank of America? If so, this may represent a separate issue.

I look forward to your answer, and I hope to work with you further. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • richardcd
    richardcd Member ✭✭
    Options
    I only have trouble with my checking account at Bank of America (BOA). All of the other accounts, including 3 other BOA accounts updated properly.
  • richardcd
    richardcd Member ✭✭
    Options
    This correspondence has gotten a little convoluted, but this is for FrankX in answer to your question above: Connection Method - Express Web Connect
This discussion has been closed.