Is there any way to access previous reconciliation reports?

Options
joyfulskier
joyfulskier Member ✭✭
Accounts that had always reconciled in the past are suddenly significantly off balance. It would be easier to find the problems if I had old reconciliation reports to backtrack.

Also, is there a way to save/print the reconciliation reports at the time the accounts are reconciled?
Tagged:

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @joyfulskier

To answer your second question first - YES you can (and should) save and/or print a reconciliation report at the time your finished it.  The Quicken application doesn't do that, so I make it a rule to do so (I print the reconciliation to a pdf file) with every reconciliation report that I complete immediately after it has been completed.

It is possible to retrieve the LAST reconciliation report that you completed (up until the time you complete the next one) but once you've started a new reconciliation the last one is gone forever. To retrieve the last one, simply go to Reports > Banking >Reconciliation >then in the Reconciliation Report Setup screen - click OK >then click Print in the following screen.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There seems to have been a spate of "Quicken has changed the Opening Balance of my Account" posts so the first thing I'd look at in those Accounts are the opening balance to see if that somehow has been changed from its original, correct, balance.
  • joyfulskier
    joyfulskier Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you both Tom & Frankx! good ideas-

Tom - yes "Quicken has changed the Opening Balance of my Account" on both Chase current credit cards. It also lost several old transactions, which took forever to find. I had started to review all the more recent statements, then went back to the beginning per your comment. Took hours to get right, but your comment probably saved many more hours.

Frankx - Reconciliation reports - I made sure the notification to print reconciliation reports was on, it was. However still not getting the reminder. Also can't print reconciliation report. Reports > Banking >Reconciliation useless because can't select Reconciliation. So frustrating...
This discussion has been closed.