Upstart.com loan

Options
Poboyincali
Poboyincali Member ✭✭
Why did my Upstart.com loan account recently stop connecting with Quicken? When I log in and try to connect, Quicken says that they are unable to find my account information anymore. Please note, I can still use the same log in credentials and login to their web site without issue and it finds my account without any issues. Yes, I do have the Deluxe version. of Quicken that allows me to use it with loans. I have been downloading for this loan account without any problem since April of this year when I added it. Suddenly it no longer works.

Comments

• mrklein
    mrklein Member
    Options
    Trying to set mine up for the first time today, get the same error. Quicken, you guys need to take a look and figure it out. (Using Quicken for Mac too)
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Upstart.com does not appear to be in the list of supported financial institutions. Please contact upper management at Upstart to add or renew their contract with Intuit Inc. as the download aggregator.

Just my 2cents' worth …
    I would not bother attempting to activate any loan or mortgage account for downloading. I would just simply set them up as "offline" (manual) loan accounts with a Scheduled Reminder to record the monthly payment from your checking account. 
    (Not discussing LOC or HELOC accounts here. They should be set up like credit card accounts)

At least in Quicken for Windows, an online-connected loan or mortgage account does NOT have a transaction register. All data shown in the account come from whatever information the bank downloads to you ... if this process works at all.

As a result of being connected, the scheduled payment transaction reminder cannot transfer the amount of principal paid into the (non existent) account register and must use a category, usually something like Loan:Principal, instead. The category seems to vary with the Loan Type you selected when creating the loan account in Quicken.

Effective with Quicken Windows 2018+
    you can deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register.  However, you should still review the Scheduled Reminder (or Memorized Payee List entry) associated with the monthly loan payments to ensure they now transfer Principal to the loan account register and not to a Category.

If you're a Q Mac user, you should be able to do something similar about setting up and maintaining an offline mortgage account together with a correctly calculated Scheduled Transaction Reminder for the monthly payments from your checking account.

• Poboyincali
    Poboyincali Member ✭✭
    Options
    If it's not supported, then why has it worked for the last 7 month? why does it still appear as an available financial institution? Your response doesn't make sense.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here at the Community we are mostly other Quicken customers trying to help. We don't get notified of additions to or deletions from the FI list. And my up-to-date FI list does not show any "Upstart" bank name.
    Deactivate your Upstart accounts. All of them, including old ones that are no longer used but still active.
    Now try to reactivate using the "+" Add Accounts icon in the Account sidebar title.
    For best results, maintaining loan accounts as offline accounts is still recommended.
This discussion has been closed.