Unable to find/download new accounts at Navy Federal CU

Options
Jerry Byrum
Jerry Byrum Member ✭✭
I opened an account at NFCU last year and was able to add it to Quicken and download transactions since it was opened. I recently open some more accounts at NFCU but Quicken will find those new accounts. When I go through the add account process it leads me through entering my login info and then comes back with only the old account. In addition it does not offer any way to add the account or link to existing account in Quicken. The accounts are visible and accessible on the NFCU website. I tried several times including deactivate/reactivate account and nothing works.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @Jerry Byrum,

Unfortunately I have some bad news to share - NFCU does not allow downloads (or "connections" of any type) for IRA accounts.  They never have and it is quite annoying.  You could contact them to complain, but I've done that and they are not responsive.

I have seen the recent Notice / Post about NFCU connections, but I can assure you that that particular matter is not what is causing your inability to connect an NFCU IRA account.  Sorry.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I opened an account at NFCU last year and was able to add it to Quicken and download transactions since it was opened. I recently open some more accounts at NFCU but Quicken will find those new accounts. When I go through the add account process it leads me through entering my login info and then comes back with only the old account. In addition it does not offer any way to add the account or link to existing account in Quicken. The accounts are visible and accessible on the NFCU website. I tried several times including deactivate/reactivate account and nothing works.
    Hello "Jerry Byrum",   

I am sorry to hear about these problems with linking accounts. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

To begin, what type of account are you noticing this problem with; is this occurring with credit cards or savings accounts, or investments? Is this happening with more than one type of account? Also, if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your Navy Federal Credit Union-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same problem with missing add/link options occurring in the test data file once this is attempted.

I look forward to hearing about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Jerry Byrum

Just curious - in your first post you said "I recently open some more accounts at NFCU but Quicken will find those new accounts."  Did you mean to say "Quicken will NOT find those new accounts?

Some other questions/thoughts:

• Were the new accounts setup under the same Access Number as the one account that downloads properly, or was a new Access Number issued?
    • When you went through the "add an account" procedure - were you prompted to complete the 2 Factor Authentication procedure in Quicken?
    • What type of accounts are these - share savings, credit card, loans, IRA's, etc.?
    • Did Quicken indicate any error code when the add account process failed?
    Get back to us and we'll go from there.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Jerry Byrum
    Jerry Byrum Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes I did mean to say that Quicken will NOT find the new accounts at NFCU. I apologize for my oversight/poor typing. The new accounts are IRA accounts. Before I posted this issue I tried several different things, disconnect/reconnect, creating new Quicken file and trying to open the new accounts, and nothing worked. Shortly after posting i contacted Quicken Support. After spending a couple of hours with them and trying numerous things and nothing solving the problem they finally discovered that they actually have some kind of open issue with NFCU for this very problem that has been open since early to mid October. Thanks for your responses, hopefully a solution will come soon.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @Jerry Byrum,

Unfortunately I have some bad news to share - NFCU does not allow downloads (or "connections" of any type) for IRA accounts.  They never have and it is quite annoying.  You could contact them to complain, but I've done that and they are not responsive.

I have seen the recent Notice / Post about NFCU connections, but I can assure you that that particular matter is not what is causing your inability to connect an NFCU IRA account.  Sorry.

Frankx

• Jerry Byrum
    Jerry Byrum Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for the update. Somehow I am not surprised. Based on the conservation with the "advanced digital" help person the last time I talked with the NFCU folks...they are totally unaware of that fact, since she was as perplexed as I was that there was not way to download transactions showing for my IRA accounts. I am a relatively new NFCU member and have encountered several nuisance issues with items which were standard practice at other CUs I have belonged to over the years. I guess they are doing enough things right to satisfy the millions of members they have.
This discussion has been closed.