What's the difference between "close" and "delete" account?

Options
gvgary
gvgary Member
I have an account that I don't want to use any more but I do want it to show up in the list of accounts. What is the best way to handle this?
Tagged:

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hi @gvgary,

You can hide the account, which means it will not appear in the account bar but it will still be viewable in the Account List.   If you delete an account - it will be completely removed from your datafile.

To hide an account, Open the account in Quicken and use the "Ctrl+Shift+E" to open the "Edit Account Details" window > click on the "Display Options" tab and click on "Hide account name in Account Bar and Account List"

To undo the hide account or to view your hidden accounts: Go to Tools > Account List > then make sure the "Show hidden accounts" is checked in the bottom left of the Account list. 

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's the difference between "close" and "delete" account?
This discussion has been closed.