Why can't I make graphs or Piecharts in Quicken 17 for Mac?

Options
ohialani
ohialani Member ✭✭
Old quicken had this feature, can't find for the life of me on this program for several years now. Why haven't they fixed this problem, there certainly has been enough time to figure it out???!!! Thank you and I hope fix will happen soon.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    First issue: if you're using Quicken 2017, there will never be graphs and pie charts added, because that is discontinued and no longer supported software. Any new features will be added to the current subscription version, but not to Quicken 2017.

Second issue: the developers have user requests for hundreds and hundreds of features. While this may be of top importance to you, many of those other features are of top importance to other users. Because adding functionality to Quicken can be complex and time-consuming, the developers pick and choose a limited number of features to work on at any given time, and so far adding graphs hasn't made it to the top of their list. No one outside their inner circle can answer why they've picked features "A" or "B" or "C" but not "D"… nor whether "D" is in their future plans… nor when "D" is planned.  
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @DocGer Yes, you're correct — the Spending and Income pie charts exist in Quicken 2017. This feature is unchanged over the years.

I was referring above to the inability to create custom graphs, like custom reports, as one could do in the old Quicken 2007. (It seemed to me that was what @ohialani was referring to.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.