Unresolved transactions group dates are jumping months ahead

Options
John84
John84 Member
edited December 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I have multiple scheduled investment transaction groups. They are supposed to automatically remind me to enter each month. The reminder dates change for no apparent reason to dates too far into the future by themselves. When I edit them and revise the date to the next date they are supposed to occur, sometimes the date saved is correct, sometimes not. And when I do that, the future scheduled dates of other scheduled investment transaction groups change merely because I tried to change the date for a different group.

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have seen a report that scheduled transaction group reminders are jumping ahead by the number of transactions in the group, for example if the group has 4 transactions and is set to remind each month, it jumps ahead by 4 months each time you accept the reminder.

Is this what you are seeing?
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @John84,

If you haven't already, I suggest that you do a file validation & repair on your Quicken datafile.  Instructions on that procedure are located at this LINK.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have seen a report that scheduled transaction group reminders are jumping ahead by the number of transactions in the group, for example if the group has 4 transactions and is set to remind each month, it jumps ahead by 4 months each time you accept the reminder.

Is this what you are seeing?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the reminder frequency is multiplied by the number of transactions in the group, perhaps a workaround would be to set the reminder frequency to be the desired frequency divided by the number of transactions. For example, a monthly scheduled transaction group with 4 transactions should be scheduled for a weekly frequency (weekly being roughly 4 times more frequent than monthly).

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.