SOS - Quicken Update enters hundreds of previously reconciled entries as new entries

Options
Sandi Martin
Sandi Martin Member ✭✭
For several years now, when I deploy the Quicken update it brings in hundreds of previously reconciled items as new entries, going back years. The first time, I manually deleted all those items. Tedious. The next time, I shut the program down, relaunched it, and all account balances were back to normal. Since then, that is what I have done, but each time it is frightening. I recently took before-and-after screenshots and contacted Q support. The support person told me it's because I have too many years of data in my Quicken account. He told me to start a new file. That would be lots of work and I want all my past data available. (I can provide screenshots if that would help.)
Tagged:

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please clarify.
    Quicken update is the update of the software or a transaction download?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Sandi Martin
    Sandi Martin Member ✭✭
    Options
    DocGer, I do not use Q mobile or have Q Cloud turned on. I do not know what validate or super validate means. Can you explain so I can give it a try?

Splasher, I mean the Q software update, not transaction downloads.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Splasher, I mean the Q software update, not transaction downloads.
    Thanks for the response.  I was just making sure that it wasn't happening due to re-activating One Step Update.
    Your issue is not one I have heard of before, so no constructive advice from me except routinely make backups. 
    One thing just came to mind, don't let Quicken update the program from inside the program (while it is running), but do it later when it is closed by downloading and executing the release patch that you download from here: https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-2018-release-quicken-windows and always make a backup just before executing the patch.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.