Entering Transaction type

Options
sgoldberg124
sgoldberg124 Member ✭✭
Previously, when entering a transaction type (like ATM or Deposit) and pressing "A" automatically brought up "ATM" as the transaction type. Now, it just stays on "A". Slows down the process. Did this change in a recent update? I'm on Windows Q version R44.28
Thanks Steve

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What do you mean by "transaction type", and where are you inputting the "A" ... into what field  and into what type of account?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• sgoldberg124
    sgoldberg124 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is in the check transaction register, putting in the type of transaction.
    Do you need more information?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you tried clicking on that down-arrow (next to your "a") to see if ATM is still in the list?
    Because typing an a in that field in my checking register brought up the ATM value.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Then what if you type the T after the A?    You might have more than one "a" listed in that column.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• sgoldberg124
    sgoldberg124 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have only the one "a" in the list, ATM. And if I type "atm" it still does not bring up "ATM".
    If, for everyone else, the app still works the same, i.e. typing "a" brings up "ATM", what would be different on my machine?
    Windows 10 Home V21H2
    Steve
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have only the one "a" in the list, ATM. And if I type "atm" it still does not bring up "ATM".
    If, for everyone else, the app still works the same, i.e. typing "a" brings up "ATM", what would be different on my machine?
    Windows 10 Home V21H2
    Steve
    If clicking on the down arrow icon in a Checking account register does not bring up the list of available choices as shown below, then "there's something rotten in the State of Denmark", so to speak.

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1. Click File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots". If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. Click File
    2. Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
  • sgoldberg124
    sgoldberg124 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I haven't done this update yet. But noticed this today. When in the Investing section, entering a transaction, when I put in the ticker code for a stock, it used to bring up that stock. Now it just lists all the stocks in my portfolio. So this is similar to the check register when selecting the type entry (i.e."a" to ATM).
  • sgoldberg124
    sgoldberg124 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well, still not working. I did the Validate and SuperValidate with closing & opening Quicken. Did the download and reinstalled the Mondo patch, rebooted. Again did the Validate and SuperValidate, no major errors or corrections. Still not working. I don't want to go back to an older backup, not sure when the issue started. I'll just live with it until it starts working again. Thanks for everyone's help.
This discussion has been closed.