Not Downloading all accounts at one bank

Options
Spotteddog
Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
Win 11   R44.28   27.1.44.28

I have 4 accounts with a bank: Savings, Credit Card, CD1 and CD2.
Quicken updates 3 of the accounts with no problems but doesn't update "CD2". This only started at the end of September. Up until then Quicken updated all 4 of my accounts for months. 
I can manually update CD2, but why has Quicken all of a sudden stopped updating this one account (CD2)?   
Where do I start troubleshooting?
Thanks 

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Win 11   R44.28   27.1.44.28

I have 4 accounts with a bank: Savings, Credit Card, CD1 and CD2.
    Quicken updates 3 of the accounts with no problems but doesn't update "CD2". This only started at the end of September. Up until then Quicken updated all 4 of my accounts for months. 
    I can manually update CD2, but why has Quicken all of a sudden stopped updating this one account (CD2)?   
    Where do I start troubleshooting?
    Thanks 

Hello @Spotteddog

I am sorry about this issue with online banking services. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.  

First, could you tell us what financial institution is associated with this account? Also, what connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

Lastly, take
     a look at the Support Article linked here, specifically the section entitled If this is the first time this has happened. Do any of those situations seem to apply, and do any of the corresponding steps seem to resolve the issue? If not, take a look at the section entitled If this issue occurs frequently.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing above helped or seems to apply to my problem. This account has been active since 2019 with no problems until September 2022. I've made no changes to anything. I get the message no transactions to download, when there are 4 transactions to download.
    Thanks
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Nothing above helped or seems to apply to my problem. This account has been active since 2019 with no problems until September 2022. I've made no changes to anything. I get the message no transactions to download, when there are 4 transactions to download.
    Thanks
    Hello @Spotteddog,   

I am sorry about this problem continuing. Thank you for letting us know more about the issue.

I am somewhat confused; you had seemed to have said earlier that the account was not receiving new transactions, yet now it sounds as though the account is receiving transactions but is signaling that it is not with inaccurate messages, presumably in the One Step Update Summary. Can you confirm which is the case?  Also, knowing the name of the financial institution is important in order so that we can provide further advice.

I look forward to your answer. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.

When I update the account, one step update says there are no transactions to download for this account.
    This one account is not receiving updates. The other 3 accounts update with no problems.  

If I go directly to my Members 1st accounts, there are 4 transactions waiting to be downloaded for this one account. Been using express web connect forever.
    If I manually update these transactions, my Quicken registry matches what the bank has.

Yet when I run a one-step update the update summary shows this CD balance as $0.
    These accounts have been set up for years and all 3 of the other accounts at this bank update work fine with one step update.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.

When I update the account, one step update says there are no transactions to download for this account.
    This one account is not receiving updates. The other 3 accounts update with no problems.  

If I go directly to my Members 1st accounts, there are 4 transactions waiting to be downloaded for this one account. Been using express web connect forever.
    If I manually update these transactions, my Quicken registry matches what the bank has.

Yet when I run a one-step update the update summary shows this CD balance as $0.
    These accounts have been set up for years and all 3 of the other accounts at this bank update work fine with one step update.
    Hello @Spotteddog,          

No problem, and thanks for clarifying this issue further. I do apologize that this is continuing to be a problem.

I did have one other question: when you mention 'manually updat[ing] transactions,' are you referring to importing QFX files that were downloaded from the Financial Institution's website? If you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your Members 1st-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same error in the One Step Update Summary occurring in the test data file once this is attempted.

I look forward to hearing back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I manually copied the 4 transactions (not downloaded the transactions). That is, I went to my bank's website and copied these transactions into the Quicken account.  

I made the "test" file you requested and updated the file. This downloaded and cleared all the transactions, but my original file still does not update (or clear) the 4 transactions.  

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just noticed if I do a One-step update with the test file, all the balances are correct, but my original (Quicken) One-step update shows the balance in one of the accounts as zero, which is wrong.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deactivated all accounts at this bank. Reactivated. Everything seems fine now. Never did find out why this happened.
This discussion has been closed.