Credit Card Verifications??

Options
Imlost
Imlost Member ✭✭
I guess that is what these things are, sort of like the old modem handshake to verify that my card is real and that there is good credit limit before accepting a charge or letting one use a gas pump perhaps?
They show up just about every time that I use my card as a long alpha number and as an Uncategorized Transaction for $0.00 in Quicken. So I am wondering what most folks do with these things, just delete them to get rid of this long list of clutter?

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Your financial institution shouldn't be sending to Quicken $0 authorization transactions. I'd try to pursue this with the tech support at financial institution. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I regularly see those types of transactions when I look at my credit card on their website, they're always listed as pending transactions. None of them ever get finalized or show up in Quicken. I agree with @jacobs, you should contact the card issuer.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Imlost
    Imlost Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your replies.
    I may have misspoke. These are showing on the new Home view, as uncategorized items that need to be taken care of (which I really like) and are older listings (I am sure that they are lurking in the card account also, hidden amongst the charges). A 12 month listing shows some 354 line items from September and back into last year on our credit card account. They could be old ghosty things from an account rebuild or two that I have done when I had computer issues perhaps. The problem is trying to look back on the credit card website that far. I am thinking that I should just delete them and watch for new hangers on perhaps?
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    If they are all $0 transactions I can't see the harm in deleting them, but I would make a backup copy of your file just in case.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

This discussion has been closed.