"One Step Update" Corrupts Account Balances

Options
SanMarMor
SanMarMor Member ✭✭
I'm having a major problem with Quicken. It started sometime after mid September. When I do a "One Step Update" when it finishes it has corrupted all of the balances of my accounts. Not just the accounts that are updating online, but the ones that don't update too. I reauthorized the accounts that are to update, to the new authorization requirements

I tried updating just one online account, trying to see if one account was the problem. But even though I tell Quicken to only update the one account, it updates them all, and all the balances are then wacko.

There is even one account that is hidden, because its a closed credit card, and Quicken keeps telling me to reauthorize it. So I went into accounts and removed the online connection, but in the process, Quicken updated all the accounts, and again, wacko balances.

Basically, I am totally unable to do anything that Quicken goes online to do.

I have Quicken Premier, Version R44.28 Build 27.1.44.28 On Windows 10. I've been using Quicken, and have data, going back to 1990.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @SanMarMor,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Which financial institutions are you experiencing this with? Do you receive any error codes or messages? Are you having issues with downloading transactions too or just issues with your account balances? 

I look forward to your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• SanMarMor
    SanMarMor Member ✭✭
    Options
    I’m not having a problem with any specific institution. I’m not getting any error message. But when I do the one step update, nearly all the accounts balances are changed, even in the accounts that are not internet linked, manual entry account. It’s somehow blasting everything, linked online or not. When I tried to remove the internet link to a closed Discover Card, it did a full update and messed all the accounts up, even though it wasn’t supposed to do an update.

Although today, after a month and a half of messing with this and trying to get it to work correctly, I went in and removed the internet link to one of three Chase credit card accounts. This time it successfully allowed me to remove the link, although it still did the full update. But this time it didn’t scramble all the balances. So if I had to guess, there was a problem with Chase.

This all started after the new online linking system. I’m guessing something wasn’t right somewhere. But it’s working again now, for now…. There were a bunch of duplicate Chase entries, but I mostly got that worked out, although I had to create a random entry to make the online total match the Quicken total, so something got messed up in the history.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @SanMarMor,

Thank you for providing more information. 

I am happy to hear that the issue has resolved itself and you are up and running again. Did you take any steps to resolve this issue that you could share with other users who may be experiencing this?

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.