Can I update a single account in my investment file in Quicken

Options
tjones2033
tjones2033 Member ✭✭
I am running Quicken for Windows with Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 3780 computer. I am using a recently renewed subscription version of Quicken. I have used Quicken for many years and thus have a large data file. My current file was named TWJONES123018 until a few months ago when I apparently updated Quicken to version 43.26. The file then became TWJONES123018-R-43.26. I don't know or remember why a new file was opened. So I've been using this latter file since then. Today I noticed that some current data was missing from the file for a single account, an annuity account. The old file TWJONES123018 contains all of the updates. Is there some way to update the one account from one file to the other?

Best Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    1) open up the original file and then do file > export > *.qif and identify the one account you want to export.  (actually make a copy of the file before you begin and use the copy to complete these steps - I can't remember if the export removes the transactions from the source file or simply makes a copy)

2) then open up the new file.  file >import ? *qif to import the transactions into the new file.

alternatively, just launch the file from a few months ago and download all the transactions that occured over the past few months - depends on how active you are on Quicken whether this approach is worth it.  
  • tjones2033
    tjones2033 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I could notget the file export to work, but I fixed my filr by manually adding the needed twelve transactions.

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    1) open up the original file and then do file > export > *.qif and identify the one account you want to export.  (actually make a copy of the file before you begin and use the copy to complete these steps - I can't remember if the export removes the transactions from the source file or simply makes a copy)

2) then open up the new file.  file >import ? *qif to import the transactions into the new file.

alternatively, just launch the file from a few months ago and download all the transactions that occured over the past few months - depends on how active you are on Quicken whether this approach is worth it.  
  • tjones2033
    tjones2033 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I could notget the file export to work, but I fixed my filr by manually adding the needed twelve transactions.
This discussion has been closed.