Memorized Payee List is suddenly empty!

Options
As several others have mentioned, my Memorized Payee list is suddenly empty. When I memorize transactions' thanks actions (Control M) The list remains empty. What is weird is that some transactions still o auto-fill categories while others do not. They have a small rectangle symbol where the category should be. I suspect that there is another list or action that needs attention but I do not know where to look or how to fix this problem. Thanks.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please take a look at the following and see if it helps resolve your issue.

Problem: Empty MPL List View or only a few entries show but File Information shows many MPL entries

Check the MPL view (Tools / Memorized Payee List). Click on Options and make sure that there is NO checkmark on "Show locked items only"

If you wish to Rebuild your MPL

After creating a backup of your Quicken data file …
    To rebuild the Memorized Payee List from existing transactions, click Tools, hold down Shift and CTRL, then click Memorized Payee List.

• GHemb
    GHemb Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have made sure there is no check mark on show locked items only. I have run Tools, Shift + Control, Date Entry and QuickFill, and I still have a blank screen when I look at Tools, Memorized Payees List. I'm at a loss. Any other suggestions appreciated.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GHemb said:
    I have run Tools, Shift + Control, Date Entry and QuickFill, and I still have a blank screen ...
    I assume that the above is just a typo and that you really have clicked on Tools, hold down Shift and CTRL, then click Memorized Payee List.
    If that didn't work please do the following actions:

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1. Click File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots". If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. Click File
    2. Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

This discussion has been closed.