How do I get the prompt to print a reconciliation report again?

Options
mjuyeno
mjuyeno Member ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I tried the recommendation by Jim Harmon in October 2021, but the prompt did not return. I have Version R44.28, Build 27.144.28 and I'm running on Windows 10 Home.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    You did not mention what that recommendation was so I do not know what that was.  But you should be able to get the prompt to return by going to Edit > Preferences > Notify > check the box for "To run a reconcile report after reconcile" > OK.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• mjuyeno
    mjuyeno Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I'm sorry I didn't see your first response, I only saw the second one. The first one resolved my problem. Thank you very much.

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    You did not mention what that recommendation was so I do not know what that was.  But you should be able to get the prompt to return by going to Edit > Preferences > Notify > check the box for "To run a reconcile report after reconcile" > OK.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hi @mjuyeno

Can you give us more information so that we can assist you?

Are you trying to print a second reconciliation report - after you reconciled an account and printed that report originally?  If so - you can do this by taking these steps:
    1) Open the account register in Quicken;
    2) Click on "Reports" > "Banking" > "Reconciliation"
    3) On the next screen > Insert a report Title and click "OK"
    4) the reconciliation report should print.

Or are you currently unable to print any reconciliation report(s) when, in the past, you were able to do so?   If this is the problem, what happens when you try to print the report?  Are you seeing any error messages?

Please let us know.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• mjuyeno
    mjuyeno Member ✭✭
    Options
    I used to get a prompt asking if I wanted to print a reconciliation report. There was a box, check here if you do not want to see this message. I checked it thinking it would go directly to print the report. Instead it does not allow me to print the report unless I go to Reports>Bank>Reconciliation. I was trying to reduce the number of steps but ended up increasing the steps necessary to print reconciliation reports.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    mjuyeno said:
    I used to get a prompt asking if I wanted to print a reconciliation report. There was a box, check here if you do not want to see this message. I checked it thinking it would go directly to print the report. Instead it does not allow me to print the report unless I go to Reports>Bank>Reconciliation. I was trying to reduce the number of steps but ended up increasing the steps necessary to print reconciliation reports.
    Did you try what I suggested above?  That should cause the prompts to occur, again.

• mjuyeno
    mjuyeno Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I'm sorry I didn't see your first response, I only saw the second one. The first one resolved my problem. Thank you very much.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    Thank you for confirming.  It will hopefully help others who might be experiencing the same thing.

This discussion has been closed.