How can invoices that have been printed be marked "printed" when they are reopened?

Options
HI, I used to have an older version of quicken that would mark an invoice as PRINTED after I printed it the first time. That would prevent me from going in and making changes after the invoice had already been sent to the client. However, once I got the new version, this is no longer a feature. So, I go into in invoice and add lines, not remembering that I had already printed the original invoice and sent it to clients. Can this feature PLEASE be added back???

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @BBeal

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

I can't comment on the potential change in behavior that you are seeing and therefore can't say whether or not Quicken may make the change that you are requesting be "added back".

However I can suggest an action that you can take to fix the issue immediately.  I suggest that you save the "final" invoice, that you print and then send to a client, as a pdf file on the date that you finalize it.  If you do that, and then file the pdf file by client, it will serve as a record of all your "final" invoices, and therefore eliminate any confusion or questions that could arise related to your invoicing process.  It will also keep Uncle Sam happy, should he have any questions.  And we all want to keep him happy!

Let me know if you have any followup questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• BBeal
    BBeal Member
    Options
    That is an additional step that I should NOT have to take. Also, would require cross referencing bills constantly.
This discussion has been closed.