Cannot open a new manual account

Options
Desert_Bill
Desert_Bill Member ✭✭
Tried doing it from the (+) in ACCOUNTS as well as from ADD AN ACCOUNT in the ACCOUNT LIST
I keep getting a message from Quicken "Quicken could not complete your request. Please try again later".
Version R43.14 Build 27.1.43.14 Edition Canada

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks Frankx. I don't backup in the Cloud so this doesn't help (I backup in my own Dropbox).
    The linked article does not talk about backing up to the cloud. There's a "Sync to the cloud" process, for use with the Quicken Mobile app on smartphones, the Quicken on the Web app and some internal Quicken functions. Sometimes this process needs to be kickstarted ...
    Please follow instructions and see if that resolves your issue.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @Desert_Bill

Please take another look are the information I provided above. I know that at first glance, one might think it has to do with backing up your datafile to the cloud, but that isn't it.

So please follow the steps I referenced above and and let me know how that goes, or if you have any additional questions or need additional information.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Desert_Bill,

Take a look at this recent post LINK.  I believe this will fix your problems.  Tell me how this works out for you.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Desert_Bill
    Desert_Bill Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Frankx. I don't backup in the Cloud so this doesn't help (I backup in my own Dropbox).
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The linked article does not talk about backing up to the cloud. There's a "Sync to the cloud" process, for use with the Quicken Mobile app on smartphones, the Quicken on the Web app and some internal Quicken functions. Sometimes this process needs to be kickstarted ...
    Please follow instructions and see if that resolves your issue.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @Desert_Bill

Please take another look are the information I provided above. I know that at first glance, one might think it has to do with backing up your datafile to the cloud, but that isn't it.

So please follow the steps I referenced above and and let me know how that goes, or if you have any additional questions or need additional information.

Frankx

• Desert_Bill
    Desert_Bill Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks a lot Frankx and UKR. I tried again but keeping hitting the following hurdle:

Also, I have another QDF account on which I have no problems opening an additional account!!! Very puzzling.
    Your comments and help are highly appreciated.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @Desert_Bill

Sorry to hear that the suggestions above haven't worked for you so far.  But, I do want to point out that you may need to take those steps (outlined in the LINK I attached above) a few times before they actually work.  So please try that procedure a few more times.  I'd also suggest that you close out of your Quicken datafile and then log back in - and then try the steps again.

Frankx

• Desert_Bill
    Desert_Bill Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you very much Frankx and UKR. It worked after several trials after logging out and re-loffing as a new user
This discussion has been closed.