How Can I See a Balance that Includes a Scheduled Payment (Q Mac)

Options
robind
robind Member
I have my accounts set up and linked but I'd like the ability to enter a manual transaction so I have an accurate view of an account. For example, I'd like to see my bank account balance anticipating credit card payments that I make online. I am used to using QB but I entered everything manually so not sure how Quicken can do this. Thank you.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If I'm understanding the question correctly, all you need to do is enter a future-dated transaction for the future credit card payment. When the transaction occurs in the real world and is downloaded, it will be matched to the manually entered transaction assuming the amount matches and the date is within a reasonable range.

The Balance column will reflect any future-dated transactions and show the projected balance. If you click the words next to the little (i) icon at the top right of the register, you can change the large-font balance shown at the top right to Projected Balance as well.

You may also enter a series of scheduled future transactions which will automatically be populated into the register. To create a series, right-click on an existing transaction and choose Schedule Selected Transaction. To display the series in the register, click the little clock icon at the top right. It will probably work best to choose to display "Next One Due". You can edit the amount of the next future occurrence by double clicking the scheduled transaction.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If I'm understanding the question correctly, all you need to do is enter a future-dated transaction for the future credit card payment. When the transaction occurs in the real world and is downloaded, it will be matched to the manually entered transaction assuming the amount matches and the date is within a reasonable range.

The Balance column will reflect any future-dated transactions and show the projected balance. If you click the words next to the little (i) icon at the top right of the register, you can change the large-font balance shown at the top right to Projected Balance as well.

You may also enter a series of scheduled future transactions which will automatically be populated into the register. To create a series, right-click on an existing transaction and choose Schedule Selected Transaction. To display the series in the register, click the little clock icon at the top right. It will probably work best to choose to display "Next One Due". You can edit the amount of the next future occurrence by double clicking the scheduled transaction.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • robind
    robind Member
    Options
    This answers my question. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.