Unable to merge transactions on Mac

Options
Chuck Collins
Chuck Collins Member ✭✭✭
Previously, I could merge an uncleared, scheduled transaction with a downloaded transaction by clicking and dragging the scheduled transaction to the unmatched downloaded transaction.  Now when I try to do this, I get the universal "no" symbol displayed below the arrow attached to the transaction as soon as I start dragging the transaction.  I have tried multiple accounts and transactions, and keep getting the "no" symbol.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Turn on the Match Status column and check if either of the transaction is already matched. This is something that would prevent a manual match.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • RickO
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Glad to help. In case you're not aware, you can right click on the matched transaction and select Reject Automatic Transaction Match. This will separate the two transactions back to their original state and if the wrong transaction was matched, you can then manually match to the correct one. This does happen occasionally when, for example, two unrelated transactions happen to have the same amount.

Answers

• RickO
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Turn on the Match Status column and check if either of the transaction is already matched. This is something that would prevent a manual match.
  • Chuck Collins
    Chuck Collins Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Rick, thanks for your quick response.  That does appear to be the problem.  The scheduled transaction says "Matched (auto)".  Not really sure what it got matched to, since the corresponding transaction was not matched and shows a status of "Downloaded".  But, this definitely gives me something to keep an eye on for future transactions.

Thanks again for the assist.  Much appreciated.

ctc
  • RickO
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Glad to help. In case you're not aware, you can right click on the matched transaction and select Reject Automatic Transaction Match. This will separate the two transactions back to their original state and if the wrong transaction was matched, you can then manually match to the correct one. This does happen occasionally when, for example, two unrelated transactions happen to have the same amount.
This discussion has been closed.