One step update crashing; Windows Quicken

Options
mkbca
mkbca Member ✭✭
I have my investment accounts set up to reconcile using online balance but with the recent changes by some investment accounts, the OneStep Update is crashing and I have to use the Windows Task Manager method to shut down Quicken.

I get a partial reconciliation screen (Says Enter the following from your investment - ending statement - prior cash balance - ending cash balance and then there are boxes small square on the left and then two rectangular ones on the right with nothing appearing). I cannot exit out of this screen without using Task Manager. After my next restart, I will toggle off the use online balance to reconcile on my investment accounts and hopefully that will prevent this from happening.

I am a longtime user of Quicken (over 35 years) and since this summer I have had more problems than ever before resulting in two new starts in building my Quicken screens and the loss of the previous 15 years of data. You guys have problems stemming from "modernization" of a perfectly operating software program. Anybody able to help?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mkbca said:
    I have my investment accounts set up to reconcile using online balance but with the recent changes by some investment accounts, the OneStep Update is crashing and I have to use the Windows Task Manager method to shut down Quicken.

I get a partial reconciliation screen (Says Enter the following from your investment - ending statement - prior cash balance - ending cash balance and then there are boxes small square on the left and then two rectangular ones on the right with nothing appearing). I cannot exit out of this screen without using Task Manager. After my next restart, I will toggle off the use online balance to reconcile on my investment accounts and hopefully that will prevent this from happening.

I am a longtime user of Quicken (over 35 years) and since this summer I have had more problems than ever before resulting in two new starts in building my Quicken screens and the loss of the previous 15 years of data. You guys have problems stemming from "modernization" of a perfectly operating software program. Anybody able to help?
    Hello @mkbca,       

I am sorry to hear about this issue with crashes when trying to reconcile accounts. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

What financial institution is associated with this account? Also, have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • tivolo
    tivolo Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @mkbca -- I suspect your problem may be related to the following issue:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7923154/slowdowns-and-not-enough-memory-to-proceed-errors#latest

The fact that the screen partially renders but then locks up is a fairly typical symptom of "resource exhaustion" in a Windows app. If you scroll thru the topic above, you'll find my instructions for how to look at/monitor the "User object" and "GDI object" resource consumption of the app. You can then verify whether your problem occurs when the app approaches the 10K limit of either.

@Quicken Jared -- If you can review the same issue and pass this info on to your developers, I suspect they can identify/resolve these issues in short order. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.