Issue with missing transactions

Options
badger94
badger94 Member
Recently when I open Quicken I'm missing all transactions since mid 2021. The only good news is that I am able to restore from a backup and enter new transactions. But the next time I open Quicken I'm right back to losing all the post 2021 transactions. So the only way I've been able to use the software is restore from backup, enter transactions, and backup file again, then repeat that terrible process every time I use the software.

For background I've been using Quicken for over 20 years so I'm very anxious about losing all that valuable historical data for things like 401k deposits, investments, etc.

I'd appreciate any ideas. I have done things like trying the fix/validate data function, and deleting and reinstalling the software, none of which has helped.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First question: Is your account register correctly sorted by Date in ascending order (newest transactions at the bottom of the register)? And is the register scrolled all the way to the bottom?
    Next question: What is the exact drive letter, path name and file name of your Quicken data file (e.g., C:\Quicken\QDATA.QDF)?
    Final thing to check: Does the data file name have a blank space at the end of the name portion, e.g. QDATA_.QDF (where the underscore represents a blank space)? Quicken cannot remember a file with a blank space at the end of the name and thus cannot locate and open it.
    Using Windows File Explorer this may be difficult to see unless you have File Explorer configured to View / Show File Extensions. Only then will a trailing space show up clearly
    If there is a blank space at the end, while Quicken is closed, use File Explorer to rename the file and remove the blank space. Double-click the renamed file to start Quicken using this file. Quicken should now be able to remember it correctly.
This discussion has been closed.