Balance not current after one step update

Options
karen m
karen m Member ✭✭✭
Is any one having an issue currently with some bank accounts not updating the current balance after one step update? I have two banks in particular, First Financial Bank and Frost Bank, that have balances showing as of 11/2 even though it downloaded transactions all the way through until today 11/8. I just updated my quicken file and other accounts work fine. Just noticed it appears the two problem accounts are using Express Web connect whereas the one that is working fine is a direct connect. Any suggestions to get these to update the online balance? 

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @karen m,

First make a good backup of your datafile.  Then, I suggest that you open the register of one of the problem account s > click on the little "Gear" icon in the upper right > select "Edit account details" > select the "Online Services" tab > and hit the "Reset Account" button.

This should go through "Reset" process for the account.  Then repeat for the other account.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @karen m,

First make a good backup of your datafile.  Then, I suggest that you open the register of one of the problem account s > click on the little "Gear" icon in the upper right > select "Edit account details" > select the "Online Services" tab > and hit the "Reset Account" button.

This should go through "Reset" process for the account.  Then repeat for the other account.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• karen m
    karen m Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Frankx said:
    Hi @karen m,

Frankx
    Hi Frankx, 
    I had read other threads about this so instead of resetting I actually went through the deactivate and removed the account numbers and then reactivated these accounts. Took awhile as there were many. 
    Finally finished just now. Now though its even worse. After reconnecting accounts I did a one step update and now those acccounts aren't even updating! And there is no error, just says no transactions which I know is incorrect. Yikes!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @karen m

Okay, but I hope you at least did my suggested first step (i.e. backup datafile before you do anything...)

If you did, you now need to restore that backup file.  Once that is done I again suggest that you follow the steps I outlined above.  They should fix the problem, and quite frankly the "deactivate > remove data > reactivate process" is not warranted for the behavior you are seeing AND it can easily cause a minor problem to balloon into a much bigger problem.

Frankx

• karen m
    karen m Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks @Frankx, I did back up all my data but I didn't have to restore as I think I just messed up when I reactivated accounts and linked some wrong. All that to say those accounts started working but from your recommendation above I had other accounts that were still messed up so I did the reset. It was a bit different reset than I remember as it had me do the same as reactivating as in I had to put in my login creds and save it to the vault again and then it updated the accounts. But even so it was much easier and it did work. I will see if I can find the other posters and link to your recommendation though I'm fairly certain they had already tried reset? Who knows. Anyway, back to work for now. 
This discussion has been closed.