My quicken check register entry will save an attachment, after closing file & re-enter it's missing

Options
tennis
tennis Member
I can save an attachment initially to a check register entry & verify it's there, however, when I close the file & re-enter later, the attachment is no longer there.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @tennis,

While it is not widely published, there apparently is a limit to the number of attachments that a datafile can hold.  When that number is reached (I don't know exactly what it is but understand it is in the thousands), new attachments start to disappear from the file.

The workaround, that I believe other users have used, is to "archive" a number of the oldest past years, which seems to open up space allowing users to again safely save new attachments.

Hope this helps.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.