Add a Renaming Rule Dialogue

Options
26@harrich
26@harrich Member ✭✭
I'm trying to adapt to the current "Add a Renaming Rule" dialogue. I guess that the "Change payee to:" field is the target memorized payee name and that the "Quicken will rename the downloaded payee:" is all or part of the text downloaded. However, this is somewhat confusing since it's not clear that "rename" is used intransitively in this context.

Now my real question is does Quick do an initial match or a full match on the downloaded payee? That is, can I create a rule "Joes Food" <- "Joes Food" to map "Joes Food 1066", "Joes Food 1492", "Joes Food 1791", and any other "Joes Food ..." which happens to come in, or do I need to create a new rule for each form of the payee?

I really think I preferred the older version of the renaming rules. The current version is a grade rather than an upgrade.
Harry

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with you that when they changed the Renaming Rule process the last time (a few years back), they made it more difficult.
    Once the Renaming Rule is created, you can change it from the only choice during creation of "If Quicken name is" to "If payee contains".
    To get to it, you have to click on the triangle at the left to expand the rule, then the drop down as shown in the following image.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.