Functional differences between "Bills" "Income" & "Payees" tabs under Bills & Income tab

Options
Can someone explain the separate intended functional uses of the "Bills" "Income" & "Payees" tabs under Bills & Income tab?
Also, why don't bills or income added to the bills or income tab sync to the payees tab?
Recent convert to Q Mac after decades on Q Win.
So far, I pay my bills manually. Had too many issues with Q Win and their previous check pay business back in the 90's.
Thank you.

Best Answer

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    The Bills tab shows scheduled payments being made by you (utility bills, credit cards bills, etc), the Income tab shows scheduled payments to you (paychecks, etc).

I'm not sure about the Payees tab. When I first looked at mine it only showed the payees I had linked to an eBill, but you can add payees that aren't linked to an eBill - select a bill on the Bills tab, select "Edit Payee" from the dotted icon on the right, and check "Bills & Income Payee". I suspect that this tab plays a bigger role if you're using the Bill Pay service; I haven't found much use for it outside of that.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    The Bills tab shows scheduled payments being made by you (utility bills, credit cards bills, etc), the Income tab shows scheduled payments to you (paychecks, etc).

I'm not sure about the Payees tab. When I first looked at mine it only showed the payees I had linked to an eBill, but you can add payees that aren't linked to an eBill - select a bill on the Bills tab, select "Edit Payee" from the dotted icon on the right, and check "Bills & Income Payee". I suspect that this tab plays a bigger role if you're using the Bill Pay service; I haven't found much use for it outside of that.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

This discussion has been closed.