Schwab Checking and Auto payments from credit cards

Options
Aklein01
Aklein01 Member ✭✭
I use autopay on all my credit cards, Chase, Capital One, Barclay, Discover and others. I use my Schwab Investors Checking account as the payment method. When I download transactions from the checking account the credit card account is not assigned just a transfer back to the Schwab account

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken may not be able to divine the intent of a transfer transaction based solely on downloaded information and build a correctly matched pair of transfer transactions from whatever the banks and credit cards download.

For best results manually enter transfer transactions into your register BEFORE you download transactions from the bank which contain the transfer confirmations. For recurring transfers use scheduled reminders and enter them a day or two before the due date.  (This also includes Cash Withdrawals if you record them as transfers from Checking to a Cash account register)
    Be sure to use distinct Payee Names for each transfer / credit card payment to avoid confusing Quicken - memorized payee entries.
    That takes the guesswork out of the download process. Because a correctly entered transfer transaction already exists in your account registers, the process should just match the downloaded transfer transaction to the existing one in both accounts.

• Aklein01
    Aklein01 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the tips
This discussion has been closed.