is there a setting to block Chaser QCPCM transactions?

Options
leonard kearney
leonard kearney Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2022 in Investing (Windows)
this is the money sweep account (like schwab's swgxx) - I dont want to track this, just include funds in cash. is there an option to tell quicken to ignore it?

Len

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did Quicken ask you if you wanted to represent your money market fund as cash when you first setup your accounts?
    That was the time where you had the chance to do this, but even if you answer yes, that is probably not the whole story.

For me I said yes, but it is QACDS that is being treated as cash.
    I can see that by going to the investment account register and select the gear icon -> Update Cash Balance, at the bottom of that dialog you will see the Cash Representation button, select that. It will tell you if you are treating a security as cash or not. If you don't see the button, then the question was answered as No.

And as a test I tried selecting Change just now, and then it turns this off with no way to turn it back on!
    I had to go to a backup to get it back.  IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO GET THIS OPTION BACK ON, PLEASE POST THE WAY YOU FOUND.

And now comes the part that even if you have this turned on, you are probably still going to have to delete transactions to get things to be correct.

For everyone that doesn't use Chase investment accounts let me explain what is going on. I will note that this isn't new to Express Web Connect +, it happened with Direct Connect too.

Chase investments doesn't use just one security as its "cash".  I see you have QCPCM, I don't have that one, but I do have: QACDS QDERQ and US DOLLAR.

Chase uses these at different times to sweep between different "holding accounts".  When I stated that I wanted to use QACDS as cash that gets Quicken to ignore the transactions and just leave it in the cash balance.  But Quicken only allows this for one security.  QDERQ is being used you guessed it sweeping money in and out of a buy/sell.  And to make things worse these are treated as "temporary" and they don't always get a download to move then back out of that security/account.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just found this:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.