changing the particular position of register columns

Options
I have one checking account where the register is set up so that the Category and Memo columns are on the line below the Payee column. I can't, for the life of me, remember how I set that up lol. Now I have a new checking account and the register has the columns like this: Payee Category Memo.
Does anyone know how I can put Category and Memo under (like subs of) Payee?
I hope this question makes some sense.
Thanks

Best Answer

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Is the new checking account only showing 1 line instead of 2?  You can change from a 1 line display to a 2 line display or back. To change to 2 line display,  go to the register you want to change and select "Account Actions".  Then enable Two-line display.   Or there is a  shortcut (Ctrl + 2) which toggles the setting. This only works for non-investment accounts.  

You can switch the memo and category fields by going to Edit  - Preferences - Register.  There is a checkbox "Show memo before category".  There is also one for "Show date before check number".  Other than adding or removing columns altogether, those are the only things you can move around.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Is the new checking account only showing 1 line instead of 2?  You can change from a 1 line display to a 2 line display or back. To change to 2 line display,  go to the register you want to change and select "Account Actions".  Then enable Two-line display.   Or there is a  shortcut (Ctrl + 2) which toggles the setting. This only works for non-investment accounts.  

You can switch the memo and category fields by going to Edit  - Preferences - Register.  There is a checkbox "Show memo before category".  There is also one for "Show date before check number".  Other than adding or removing columns altogether, those are the only things you can move around.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Annette_Ross
    Options
    Thank you very much for taking the time to explain to me how this can be done. Much appreciated. :)
This discussion has been closed.