R45.7 Transaction Mis-Match Error

Options
Nemo
Nemo Member ✭✭
Quicken is mis-matching downloaded transactions. A downloaded check transaction is marked as a match with an existing register item, but Quicken is using the amount to make the match instead of the check number. Also, I cannot edit the downloaded item to make it match the check number instead of the amount.
Ver. R45.7, Build 27.1.45.7, Windows 11 Home

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you automatically accepting downloaded transactions into your register or are you reviewing each downloaded transaction in the register's Downloaded Transaction tab prior to accepting it?
    If the latter, does the downloaded transaction, when viewed in the tab, contain the check number in the check number column? Does it contain the payee name or "Check 1234"?
    Which bank is your checking account with? Did this bank recently change download protocols or ask you to reauthorize the account?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nemo said:
    Quicken is mis-matching downloaded transactions. A downloaded check transaction is marked as a match with an existing register item, but Quicken is using the amount to make the match instead of the check number. Also, I cannot edit the downloaded item to make it match the check number instead of the amount.
    Ver. R45.7, Build 27.1.45.7, Windows 11 Home
    If you are using automatic transaction enter mode, the mismatched download should have the status of "New Match" (Expand the blue dot/status column to see the words).  And you should be able to click on "New Match" and select to unmatch it.  Its status will change to New.

Now to get it matched up to the correct manual entry transaction in the register.  If the amounts aren't the same, you should be changing the amount for the manually entered one (with maybe a comment in the memo) to match that downloaded one because that is what really cleared the bank.  Once the two amounts are the same you can click on the Uncleared status of the manually entered transaction and select the Manual Match.  That will bring up a dialog where you can select the downloaded transaction and match/merged the two transactions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.