Bank of America Reconcilliation

Options
EagleFan21
EagleFan21 Member ✭✭
Anyone having problems with Bank of America reconciliation process since the change in the transaction downloads? The reconciliation process is no longer seamless.
Tagged:

Comments

• svanderploeg
    svanderploeg Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have been able to download Bank of America transactions all along with no issues. Today my Quicken balance changed by $3K+ and I have no idea why. Using Online reconciliation just wants me to put that $3K to a category. How can I find what changed?
  • svanderploeg
    svanderploeg Member ✭✭
    Options
    What is the issue with changing from Online Reconciliation to Paper Statement reconciliation?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is the issue with changing from Online Reconciliation to Paper Statement reconciliation?
    Are you talking about the warning that Quicken gives when trying to switch?

The only reason they give that warning is because if someone really switches back to reconciling to an actual statement in the middle of a month some of their transactions will already be marked reconciled, and you might have to take that into account while doing the reconcile.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jojopotato23
    Options
    Yes, my reconciliation has been great except for the last 2 months. I used a backup from August and entered everything in manually. I was able to reconcile up to November 22, but the minute I used one step, everything went wrong. Tons of duplicate transactions and now my joint account is a mess again. It is extremely frustrating that I could do it by hand and know that everything is ok but the minute I synced it went to hell... I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Thankfully I took a backup so I can still get to the good information. This has all happened after the new BoA and Quicken update, it's a mess!!! Hate it!!!
  • csmoore
    csmoore Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    I've had issues for awhile with BoA.     Reconciliation not right, then download earlier transactions, then it changes, and download recent transactions again, then it works.
  • Bbbb
    Bbbb Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @EagleFan21 said:
    > Anyone having problems with Bank of America reconciliation process since the change in the transaction downloads? The reconciliation process is no longer seamless.

I have had problems with BOA and Quicken since I started to pay for online quicken (instead of getting the program disk like in old days). Not all the time but ALOT more than when I got the disk every other year. It seems my issues are sometimes things download at different months then you fix and next month is off. Or I recon one side of a transaction and the other side gets messed up either it will not show up or say it has already been recon. SOOO frustrated with this online quicken, I have thought of changing but just not sure what program to go to. I cannot teach my husband this program (in case) when it messes up so often. Just did a thousand + balance adjustment, now have a category "Quicken Fix" because I know my actual dollars are not off, but all my data is now off. HATE THIS. Before online I was never off a penny without finding my mistake. Anyone that has suggestions on a new program please share!
  • csmoore
    csmoore Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    I have had issues with BofA reconciliation for awhile.     I aways seem to have similar method for resolving.    It is not seamless, and always a pain to figure out what the different transactions are.   Here's the general info of what I've seen work to resolve.

Download current transactions - doesn't reconcile.
    Download previous month transactions - doesn't reconcile, however, new number delta.
    Download current transactions - no new transactions show up, but now it reconciles.     

This discussion has been closed.