Calendar Balance Graph (CBG) not displaying actual daily balance

When I hover over a day on the CBG, it does not display the projected balance for that day. The daily graph bars are displayed, but I like the precise number for that day so I can plan cash availability. It used to do this when I would hover on the daily bar, but no longer does. Any advice?
Running Win 11 and latest Quicken release on my machine.
Tagged:

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that the only place in Quicken where hover-popups don't show? There are many other views where a hover-popup will show.
    Firing a shot in the dark I would guess it might be a Windows setting that needs tweaking ... I can't prove or disprove it, because I'm still stuck on Windows 8.1 and hover-popups work just fine for me.

• I can hover on the calendar and get a pop up of the day's scheduled or actual transactions, so working for that at least. I have not noticed the problem elsewhere. Good thought, but looks like just this function.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the option "Show daily balances in calendar" enabled?
    If you have problems with hitting just the right spot in the graph to trigger the Total popup, this daily balance should be an alternative.
    Also please review the following:

If you haven't rebooted Windows since the installation of the latest Quicken update, please do that first and try Quicken again.

Font size problems? Display issues? (Windows)

If you are using a version of Quicken at the Quicken 2019 US R 19.44 patch level or newer and you have previously made the following Compatibility change, please undo the change.
    Users of other Quicken versions please try the following:

• Close Quicken !!! (This process won't work while Quicken is running!)
    • Check the Compatibility tab settings in your Quicken Desktop program icon:
    • In the Windows Start Menu right-click the Quicken icon. Select "Open File Location". This brings up a Windows File Explorer window. Right-click the highlighted Quicken shortcut line item.
      or
    • Go to the traditional Windows Desktop and right-click the Quicken program icon.
      or
    • Use Windows File Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\ and right-click qw.exe
    • Now click Properties.
    • Select the Compatibility tab.
    • Uncheck all settings.
    • Windows 7, 8.1: Check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". 
      Windows 10, 11: Click "Change high DPI settings".  Check "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:" and select "Application"  (also try the other available options repeating the entire procedure!). Click OK.
    • Be sure to uncheck the "Run this program in compatibility mode for [older Windows version]" setting.
    • Click the "Change settings for all users" button.
    • Click Apply and exit.
    • Reboot Windows.
    • Now start Quicken and see if that makes a difference.

Some additional tuning suggestions:

• Try this workaround for 4k monitors
      https://www.quicken.com/support/work-around-display-issues-high-resolution-monitors
    • Unless absolutely required, try not to use "View / Use large fonts"
    • Try setting the bank account registers to use a different font style or size: go to Edit / Preferences / Register, click the Fonts button and try different fonts.
    • Try adjusting the bank account registers' row height: go to Edit / Preferences / Register, choose among the available Row Height choices: Compact, Comfortable or Standard
    • If all else fails, try changing Windows Control Panel / Display options for "Make text and other items … smaller or larger" to use a different scaling level, but try not to exceed 125%
This discussion has been closed.