Options
markvs
markvs Member ✭✭
ever since they added that Dropbox garbage

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That would indicate that you haven't been able to create a backup for 10+ years ...
    What exactly is happening when you try to create a backup?
    What version and release of Quicken are you using? R xx.xx as shown in Help / About Quicken.
    Where is your data file located? Please provide full file name including drive letter, path, file name and extension (e.g. C:\MyQuicken\QDATA.QDF)
    Are you sending backup files to Dropbox or any other Internet storage location?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    markvs said: ever since they added that Dropbox garbage
    whatever that means -
    If you would like to explain, clarify, and share what is happening to your "backups" ....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• markvs
    markvs Member ✭✭
    Options
    Today, When I try to do a backup I no longer have an option to save my backup to a destination of my choice, e.g. USB, cloud, or a hard drive. The only option given is to open a DropBox account and save my backups on DropBox.
    In the past, I could save my backups to different storage locations.

After I spent too much time trying to fix this, I found out that my Preferences for storage locations had been mysteriously changed (not by me). Once I changed my Preferences back to what they were I was once again able to choose a location to save to and am no longer forced into using the recommend DropBox.

I suspect (I have no proof) that a Quicken update may have changed my previous storage preferences. My storage location issue started when my default backup location was changed to a suggestion to use DropBox.
This discussion has been closed.