Quicken not retrieving password from Keychain

Every time I sync my accounts, Quicken asks for my password, even though the option to save it to my Keychain is checked. How can this feature be made to work?

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    It's possible something got messed up internally somewhere along the line.  Launch Keychain Access (cmd-space type Keychain), then double click on the Quicken entry and verify that it looks like this screenshot.  Ditto for all of the "Quicken password for ..." entries.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• dhenwood
    dhenwood Member ✭✭
    Quicken wasn't listed. I tried adding it, and then clicked "Save changes" and nothing happened. When I closed the pop-up window, it asked if I wanted to save. I said "yes." I went back to look and Quicken wasn't there. Hmm.
  • dhenwood
    dhenwood Member ✭✭
    PS: Thanks, by the way!
  • MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Is your user account an Admin account on your Mac?  System Preferences > Users & Groups ... says "Admin" under your (active login) name?  If so, I can't imagine why it won't save the Quicken access.
    Hopefully someone else has an idea, or else you might have to phone support.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    When logged into an admin user id, make sure you have the login keychain selected in the sidebar in Keychain Access, then delete all entries containing "Quicken". If you are using iCloud Keychain, do the same for the iCloud keychain in the sidebar. Then restart the computer. See if this solves the problem.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.