Bug found in new Find and Replace functionality

Options
fciani
fciani Member ✭✭✭
I have years of data and dozens of accounts so any ability to limit find and replace searches to relevant information is welcomed.

I tried out the new functionality and found some a basic flaw.

When searching for a category that was contained within a split transaction, I was able to limit the search to a defined date period (but NOT a specific account - this would be highly useful as a future update). However, the transactions found were the top level transactions listed as '--split--' under the 'cat' in the window view. The actual splits with the actual category data were not listed. Thus, I was NOT able to modify any of the split transactions found by the new find and replace functionality.

This renders the new functionality basically useless.

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you check the "Show matches within splits" check box near the bottom of the F&R dialog? That should show you the categories inside the splits and allow you to change them.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• fciani
    fciani Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes. That box is checked.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Try toggling the checkbox twice. It may be stuck in the wrong state. When I toggle it, the display changes after a short delay to show/hide splits.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• fritzngertie
    fritzngertie Member ✭✭
    Options
    Also, it would be nice if you could mix the AND and the OR conditions. For example, select the category Dining AND the Memo value of Don OR the category Auto Services AND the Memo value of Sandy. I have found if I change the AND condition to OR on the next selection criteria line then all of the selection criteria are changed to OR.
This discussion has been closed.