Program Hangs

Options
After completing a One-Step-Update, the program hangs. I need to close and reopen the program to continue.
I have uninstalled and reloaded with no joy

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After completing a One-Step-Update, the program hangs. I need to close and reopen the program to continue.
    I have uninstalled and reloaded with no joy
    Hello @remartinsen3,   

I am sorry to hear about this issue with crashes and hanging when updating accounts. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, are you noticing any spikes in CPU usage when this happens, or when opening task manager once the program hangs? Also, try saving a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the instructions provided below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following: 

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Marty
    Marty Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @remartinsen3 and @quicken jared.
    The problem could very well be a the resource leak that @Tivolo has found and has been causing me and others problems for a few weeks now. I'm a 30 year user, so this is all new. It's related to OSU and having multiple registers open.

See this thread to see how you can find and determine if you are having this resource leak problem. The sooner quicken acknowledges the problem and stops having everyone validate, super validate, delete and reinstall, the better.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20311818/#Comment_20311818
This discussion has been closed.