I can't add my UBS accounts to Quicken

Options
cwkeeley
cwkeeley Member ✭✭
On an old computer of mine I had no trouble connecting my UBS investment account to Quicken, but for some reason I can't make the connection on my new computer.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @cwkeeley,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We will need some additional information in order to assist you better.

Could you please elaborate and provide further details as to what exactly happens when you attempt to connect UBS on your new computer? Are you receiving any error code(s) and/or message(s) that you could provide us with here, please?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• cwkeeley
    cwkeeley Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Anja. Thanks so much for getting back to me! Here's the story: I had Quicken on my old HP windows laptop and everything worked great. Then I spilled a glass of lemonade on the keyboard. Ugh. End of computer. I switched over to using 'Quicken on the Web' until I purchased a new laptop. Now I have a new HP laptop and have been getting it set back up with Quicken for Windows. Everything works fine except for two things: 1) I keep getting an error message when I try to make the connection to my UBS account, and 2) I can make the connection to my Wells Fargo Advisors account but when it updates it only shows the total value of the investment account -- but doesn't show the individual equities.

Maybe these two issues are related in some way.

Anyway, concerning the UBS account issue: I saw on a post that I needed to go into UBS and allow the "Aggregator status" for Intuit. I did this and got a reply saying it was done. (Didn't have to do this in the past, fyi). This didn't seem to make any difference when I tried to add the UBS account. When I go to add the account using my UBS username and password, the program goes off for a while and then comes back with "...we are unable to connect to the Quicken servers at this time. Try again in a couple of hours..." That never made a difference. This was when I tried "UBS Online Services" as the UBS choice.

There are a bunch of UBS choices. This morning I tried "UBS Financial Services", thinking maybe I'm choosing the wrong one. It said it was connecting but half an hour later the spinning disk was still spinning so I cancelled out.

That's about it. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
  • MandT
    MandT Member ✭✭
    Options
    very similar issue. Attempting to set up new UBS accounts, :'(
  • MandT
    MandT Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken indicates Quicken is have a current issue bringing UBS data into Quicken. I worked with UBS to have their data set up correctly with Aggregator
  • cwkeeley
    cwkeeley Member ✭✭
    Options
    MandT, hi. Maybe what you did helped, because I opened a previous file and everything worked fine. All is good now. Thanks! (It also seemed to have something to do with the sync between Quicken for Windows and Quicken for the Web. -- both of which I am using...)
This discussion has been closed.