Investment Income is not posting to corresponding cash account.

Options
terryesh
terryesh Member ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I manually enter investment income and sales transactions. My IRA accounts do not post the cash income proceeds to its equivalent cash account. The "Action" shows for example, "DIV" and "Intinc". I have to manually edit each entry appending an "X" to "DivX" for the entry to post in the cash account.
This error occurs with two IRA accounts, but it does not occur with 4 regular investment accounts.
Obviously, I'm interested in resolving the error. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Tagged:

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Normally IRAs are not allowed to have linked checking accounts. An exception is old IRAs that were converted from Microsoft Money years ago.

If you click on the gear at the top right of the account then pick Edit account details, do you see the "Show cash in a checking account" option?

I am not sure of the reason for this limitation, but it may have something to do with Quicken's tax reporting for tax deferred accounts.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • terryesh
    terryesh Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am one of those that used Microsoft Money and converted to Quicken. The "Cash" side account is label Contribution. It is not a checking account per se. Investment income and equity proceeds are parked there for subsequent reinvestment.

I clicked on the gear, but there was no option to Show cash in a checking account. However, there was an option to characterize a checking account with an option as tax-deferred or not. It was set not tax deferred. I tried changing it, but that did not resolve the issue.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.