File Backup Issue

Options
After backup getting messages:
Unable to close files.
Unable to load item list file.
Unable to re-load current file after copy.
Then it states that the file was backed up successfully and returns to a blank screen.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks to me as if some cloud backup program is getting in the middle of the Quicken backup process. MS OneDrive, Dropbox or other backups software should not be permitted to directly access the folder containing the current Quicken data file. Configure this software to NOT create backups of the Quicken data file. Instead, change it to backup / copy the Automatic of Manual Quicken backup file just created by the Quicken backup process.
  • JerryG
    JerryG Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having similar issues. I am a backup fanatic. I store my master files on onedrive and am attempting to save the backups on googledrive. When I try to do that I get the error messages above. Is Quicken assuming that the master files and the backup files are in the same location and cannot locate the master files? The backup files are being stored in google drive and are accurate. It is just that Quicken will not resume after the backup.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    • Services such as OneDrive or Google Drive can be used as a location to store backups of your Quicken data files.  We don't recommend storing your active data files, or installing Quicken, on these drives.  If you restore a backup that is located in your cloud drive, make certain the restored file is saved locally on your hard drive before using the file.
    Can I share my Quicken file between multiple computers using Dropbox?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.